Job announcement for a guest teacher at ENSP Versailles : ENSP’s EMiLA Fellowship 2020-2021
21 janvier 2020
The European master’s in landscape architecture’s Fellowship from the Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Paysage
The EMiLA fellowship at ENSP Versailles and Marseille is awarded annually to an emerging designer or confirmed landscape architect, whose work articulates the potential for landscape as a medium of design in the public realm in the frame of anticipatory transformations at territorial and urban scale. The position is a one-year position at half time. The teaching language is English.
Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Paysage
ENSP has educated Landscape architects at The Potager du Roi in Versailles since 1974 at the demand of the Ministry of Agriculture and created a new corpus of landscape architect designers capable of answering to urban, suburban and agrarian modernisation. The school educates students to the highest level. Each year 55 students obtain an internationally recognised master’s degree in landscape architecture named DEP (Diplôme d’Etat de Paysagiste). There are 32 permanent teachers and over 200 specialists and professional bodies contributing to the rich field of teaching practice.
The EMiLA team
EMiLA is a master’s degree run by five leading European schools and universities:
- Amsterdam University of the Arts / Amsterdam Academy of Architecture (AHK)
- Universitat Polytècnica de Catalunya (UPC)/ Escola Tècnica Superior d’Arquitectura (ETSAB)/ Escola Superior d’Agricultura de Barcelona (ESAB)
- The University of Edinburgh/Edinburgh College of Art (ECA)/ The Edinburgh School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture (ESALA)
- Leibniz Universität Hannover (LUH)/ Fakultät für Architektur und Landschaft
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Paysage Versailles/ Marseille (ENSP)
The aim of the master is to foster students to be more aware of the European dimensions in landscape either at policy level as at territorial level through design and be able to understand better our cultural landscape differences. Moreover, the curriculum offers students to learn from other schools/universities’ pedagogic methods and create their new network. ( www.emila.eu )
The EMiLA fellow will be appointed :
- Lecturer in Landscape Architecture at ENSP on the site of Versailles for the academic year 2020-2021.
- It is a part time position. The position can be negotiated to be a full-time position during a semester or a half time position during a year.
- We offer a residence at the Potager du Roi – a one bedroom appartment.
- The candidate is expected to be in residence from September 7th, 2019 through June 2021, or if half time from September 7th, 2019 to January 20th, 2021.
- The candidate taking part in the EMiLA summer school ( optional) should be free from 23rd of August to 3rd of September 2020 and join the team in ESALA Edimburgh.
- The candidate receives a French salary: depending on the candidate’s curriculum this can vary from an annual salary of 10 800€ to 15 000€
Deadline to Apply: 31st of March 2020